10 books every PM should read
Books are an unparalleled source of knowledge. As a Product Manager, reading should be one of your key responsibilities. Why? It'll help you stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments. It can also provide valuable insights and ideas for new products or features. Additionally, reading can help improve communication and writing skills, as well as their understanding of market research and customer behaviour.
So, today, we bring to you 10 books PMs must check out. Here we go!
- "The Lean Startup" by Eric Ries: This book provides a framework for developing and launching successful products in a fast-paced, uncertain environment.
- "Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love" by Marty Cagan: This book offers practical advice on how to build and scale successful tech products.
- "The Product Manager's Handbook" by Steven Haines: This book is a comprehensive guide to the role of the product manager, covering everything from product strategy to product development and launch.
- "The Product Book: How to Become a Great Product Manager" by C. Todd Lombardo: This book offers practical advice on how to succeed as a product manager, including tips on how to build and lead high-performing product teams.
- "The Mom Test: How to Talk to Customers and Learn If Your Business is a Good Idea When Everyone is Lying to You" by Rob Fitzpatrick: This book teaches product managers how to gather valuable customer insights without relying on biased or misleading information.
- "The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail" by Clayton M. Christensen: This book explores the challenges that companies face when introducing new technologies, and provides strategies for overcoming them.
- "Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products that Customers Love" by Roman Pichler: This book covers how to use the Scrum framework to build and deliver successful products.
- "The Productive Product Manager: Time Management Techniques for Product Managers" by Mo Bunnell: This book teaches product managers how to manage their time effectively and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- "The UX Book: Process and Guidelines for Ensuring a Quality User Experience" by Rex Hartson and Pardha Pyla: This book covers the principles and practices of user experience (UX) design, and shows product managers how to incorporate UX into their product development process.
- "The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life" by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander: This book offers a fresh perspective on leadership and problem-solving, and teaches product managers how to think creatively and embrace new possibilities.
We hope this list is helpful not just to PMs or aspiring PMs but to everybody who wants to learn the skill of designing a product that customers will love!
Our new, flagship course, the Product Management Launchpad starts on 4th Feb 2023. Your Product Management career starts here! Learn the skills and tools to solve real product problems. Build your product portfolio and crack your next PM interview. Click here to find out more - http://bit.ly/3WVlNu9