Email marketing best practices
Email marketing is a powerful tool for reaching out to customers, building relationships, and driving sales. It is estimated to cross 10 billion in revenue by the end of 2023 according to a report by Statista. With every business leveraging its email marketing, it can be hard to stand out. As a result, having a smart email marketing strategy and supporting activities to boost it is necessary.
We’ve come up with some tips that could be a checklist for you when you send out emails. These are tips that if taken care of, can keep your email marketing game, strong!
Let’s get started!
- Build a targeted email list: Collect email addresses from individuals who have shown interest in your product or service. Including people who are not your TG or don’t have intent will lower your quality of leads and waste your efforts.
- Personalise your emails: Use the recipient's name and other personal information to make the message more relevant. Personalised emails always add a nice touch and do have a higher open rate.
- Keep your subject line short and catchy: Use a subject line that is clear, concise, and entices the recipient to open the email. Long subject lines definitely impact open rates.
- Optimise for mobile: Make sure your emails are optimised for viewing on mobile devices. This is an important one! Most people check their emails on their phones nowadays. Therefore, it’s important to make them phone-friendly. This means creatively and in terms of content.
- Test and optimise: Test different subject lines, email designs, and call-to-action buttons to see what works best for your audience. A/B testing will be your best friend in this regard! Use it and figure out what works best for your brand.
- Be consistent: Send your emails at a regular frequency, whether that's daily, weekly, or monthly. Inconsistent emails don’t perform well.
- Follow spam laws: Follow the laws and guidelines set by the CAN-SPAM Act and other relevant regulations.
- Provide value: Make sure every email you send provides value to the recipient, whether that's through exclusive offers, informative content, or helpful tips. Sending an email just for the heck of it, won’t work.
- Include a clear call-to-action: Make it easy for the recipient to take the next step, whether that's purchasing a product, signing up for a service, or visiting your website.
- Track and measure your results: Use tools to track the open and click-through rates of your emails and use this information to improve future campaigns. Use metrics to strategize your upcoming email marketing efforts.
In conclusion, email marketing is a powerful tool. Using it the right way will help you see impressive results. So, make sure to always strategize, keep an eye on competitors and double down on the tips you haven’t focused on yet. Remember to always measure results and use them to influence future campaigns. A good email marketing strategy that is consistent will get you most of your organic conversions and build a base of loyal people. Good luck!
Our new course, Growth Hacking by Rishab Dev starts soon! Kickstart your career in growth with the right tips, resources and network. Click here to find out more - https://airtribe.link/3waE2Qw
Statista source: https://www.statista.com/topics/1446/e-mail-marketing/#:~:text=As%20the%20number%20of%20e,10%2Dbillion%2Ddollar%20threshold.